Salt Separation Services is a UK based water treatment engineering company specialising in the design, manufacture, installation, commissioning and through-life support of Reverse Osmosis (RO) plants used in marine, offshore and industrial applications.
Many of the solutions we provide are for high-end applications such as naval vessels, cruise ships, oil platforms and specific industrial markets (mainly for water purification and water reuse).
We currently have two positions available:
Health & Safety Trainee
As a health and safety trainee, you will develop and use your knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace. It will be necessary to ensure that employees comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
- Carry out risk assessments and identify how risks could be reduced.
- Liaise with departmental managers to ensure safe operational procedures are in place which identify and take into account all relevant hazards.
- Carry out regular workplace inspections to check policies, procedures and practices are being properly implemented and adhered to.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
- Assist the QHSE Manager in developing health and safety strategies and internal policies.
- Keep and maintain records of inspection findings and produce improvement reports.
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of any developments that affect our working practices.
- Arranging equipment safety inspections in conjunction with the Workshop Manager/Technical & Quality Co-Ordinator.
- Any other reasonable tasks associated with the job role.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
You’ll need to show evidence of the following:
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to develop the documentation detailed above
- Skills to convince managers of the need to implement and maintain safety standards that may compromise speed or efficiency in the organisation
- The ability to understand and analyse information and present it simply and accurately
- IT skills including use of Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- A flexible approach to work
- Work is generally office based, although in there will be a requirement to spend time in the workshops and stores areas.
- You may need to wear protective clothing.
The training you will receive may consist of on-the-job learning, complemented by in-house or external training courses as deemed necessary.
The salary for the role is £18 – £20k dependant on experience and hours will be 37 per week, Monday – Friday, (finish time of 13:00hrs on Friday)
Your duties may vary from time to time. They will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Fabrication and Welding Pressure Vessels and Pipework Systems in Stainless Steel Super Duplex Copper Nickle.
- Grinding and Cutting.
- Assembly of Equipment.
- Installation of plant and equipment on site.
- Help to ensure workshops, stores areas, changing room area are kept clean and tidy.
- Any other reasonable tasks that may be requested to suit the needs of the company.
What will you need to be successful?
We need a strong and confident individual who has had at least 5 years+ experience within the Welding/Fabrication industry.
4½ Day Working Week
Finish at 13:00 on a Friday. This also means that to book a week off you only need to use 4½ days holiday.
Discretionary Annual Pay Rise
Pay rises will be calculated based on Company financial performance. Annual inflation is taken into account. Pay rises will be awarded in January.
Discretionary Annual Bonus Scheme
If eligible, the bonus payment will be made in December. Company profit and turnover must meet criteria below for bonus to be payable:
Overtime Paid at Time and a Half
Any hours worked over 37 hours per week will be paid at 1½ times.
30% Enhanced Rate when Working on Site
When working on site, you will receive an enhancement of +30% on all standard and overtime hours.
Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
The Company operates a salary sacrifice pension. There are NI savings made for yourself due to the salary sacrifice – these will be included in your pension contribution. The Company also makes an NI saving. As a gesture of goodwill, the Company also contributes its NI saving into your pension.
In the event of your death, a payment for 3 times your basic salary will be paid out to a nominated person of your choice.
Company Sick Pay
After 5 years’ service you will receive full Company sick pay. Until this time, you will receive SSP.
Sickness Income Protection
After 5 years’ service, the Company will contribute to a long-term sickness scheme on your behalf. This policy will kick-in after 6 months sick leave, and will ensure you are paid 75% of your basic salary until the sickness is resolved.
Working hours are 8:00 to 16:30 Monday to Thursday and 8:00 to 13:00 on a Friday. No shift work is required.
Up to 25 Days Paid Holiday (Plus 8 Statutory)
On starting with the Company, you will have 20 days paid holiday (plus 8 statutory). Each year of working for the Company, you will gain 1 extra day of paid holiday up to a maximum of 25 days (after 5 years’ service) (plus 8 days statutory).
Dress Down Friday
Every Friday, you can come into work in casual clothing – these must still be suitable for a work environment.
We have a summer social and a Christmas party each year – all paid for by the Company.
Team Building Days
There will be up to 2 team building days each year – all paid for by the Company. *These days do not include any alcohol.
Free, on-site parking is available.
Christmas Shut Down
Each year the Company closes for Christmas Eve and re-opens after New Year’s Day.
A benefits platform is available to all staff in which you sign up and have various benefits made available – such as discounts on shopping, lifestyle and travel, etc…
Cycle to Work Scheme
Cycle to work scheme is available to all employees to purchase a bike through a salary sacrifice method. This will be available at certain points throughout the year.
Free Tea & Coffee
Free tea, coffee and milk is provided every day.
Salt Separation Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower everyone. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.
Please send a CV with covering letter explaining why you believe you fulfil our requirements for this role to, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that all applicants MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK