Salt Separation Services is a UK based water treatment engineering company specialising in the design, manufacture, installation, commissioning and through-life support of Reverse Osmosis (RO) plants used in marine, offshore and industrial applications.
Many of the solutions we provide are for high-end applications such as naval vessels, cruise ships, oil platforms and specific industrial markets (mainly for water purification and water reuse).
We currently have two positions available:
Fabrication Shop Manager
We are looking for a Fabrication Shop Manager reporting to the Directors. The purpose of this role is to provide support and workflow management in our fabrication shop.
- Coordinate, plan and review with the other Managers and Directors the initiation, progress and inspection of manufactured equipment and the day to day running of the company.
- Management responsibility of a small team of welder/fabricators. To include, not and exhaustive list, performance, training and recruitment as well as attendance, discipline and development.
- Oversee, plan, organise, co-ordinate activities associated with the production manufacturing and testing of fabricated equipment through to despatch.
- Preparation of parts lists, work orders and risk
- Procurement, expediting and liaison with sub-contractors.
- Inspection of equipment both in-house and at
- Preparation of QA Data Books for fabricated equipment.
- Preparation of quotations for fabricated equipment and external sales as
- Ensuring QA Systems are adhered
- Upkeep and maintaining Welder Qualification
- Assisting with Health & Safety
- Assisting with Environmental
- Evaluation and training requirements of subordinates, including conducting
- Ensure subordinates keep workshops and stores area clean and
- Any other reasonable tasks that may be requested to suit the needs of the Company.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Working to engineering standards within medium and heavy fabricated structures.
- City & Guilds or equivalent qualified.
- Ability to read and review technical drawings
- “Can Do” Attitude towards workflow delivery.
- Effective communicator capable of working with stakeholders at all levels.
- Customer focus and ability to forge and build relationships
- Planning and organisational skills
- Experience of managing a team and their overall performance
- Work is generally workshop based, with some office duties. In addition, infrequent visits to local Suppliers and service providers may be required.
The salary for the role is £33 – £35k dependant on experience and hours will be 37 per week, Monday – Friday, (finish time of 13:00hrs on Friday)
4½ Day Working Week
Finish at 13:00 on a Friday. This also means that to book a week off you only need to use 4½ days holiday.
Up to 25 Days Paid Holiday (Plus 8 Statutory)
On starting with the Company, you will have 20 days paid holiday (plus 8 statutory). Each year of working for the Company, you will gain 1 extra day of paid holiday up to a maximum of 25 days (after 5 years’ service) (plus 8 days statutory).
Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
The Company operates a salary sacrifice pension. There are NI savings made for yourself due to the salary sacrifice – these will be included in your pension contribution. The Company also makes an NI saving. As a gesture of goodwill, the Company also contributes its NI saving into your pension.
Income Protection and Life Insurance
In the event of your death, a payment for 3 times your basic salary will be paid out to a nominated person of your choice.
Discretionary Annual Bonus Scheme
If eligible, the bonus payment will be made in December. Company profit and turnover must meet criteria below for bonus to be payable:
Company Sick Pay
After 5 years’ service you will receive full Company sick pay. Until this time, you will receive SSP.
Dress Down Friday
Every Friday, you can come into work in casual clothing – these must still be suitable for a work environment.
We have a summer social and a Christmas party each year – all paid for by the Company.
Company Benefits Scheme
Including cycle to work scheme
Access to an Occupational Health Programme
Including annual health checks, eye tests etc
Other employee focused wellbeing benefits
Currently free fruit and discounted Gym membership. This is subject to change from time to time.
Salt Separation Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower everyone. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.
Please send a CV with covering letter explaining why you believe you fulfil our requirements for this role to, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that all applicants MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK