Salt Separation Services is a UK based water treatment engineering company specialising in the design, manufacture, installation, commissioning and through-life support of Reverse Osmosis (RO) plants used in marine, offshore and industrial applications.
Many of the solutions we provide are for high-end applications such as naval vessels, cruise ships, oil platforms and specific industrial markets (mainly for water purification and water reuse).
We currently have two positions available:
Your duties may vary from time to time. They will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Oversee, plan, organise, co-ordinate activities associated with the production manufacturing and testing of new plant through to despatch and invoicing.
- Production of engineering designs, and data sheets. Review of manufacturing drawings.
- Preparation of parts lists, work orders and risk assessments.
- Procurement, expediting and liaison with sub-contractors.
- Inspection of equipment both in house and at suppliers
- Preparation/writing of O & M Manuals for plant and equipment.
- Preparation of quotations for new plant spares, service and refurbishments.
- External sales as required for plants, refurbishments and spares.
- Installation and servicing on site as and when required.
- Any other reasonable tasks that may be requested to suit the needs of the Company.
Trainee Sales & Business Development Engineer
In our 30 years history, Salt Separation Services have not previously employed a dedicated full-time sales professional. As part of our growth strategy, we recognise that this is an area that needs to be addressed. We are in the process of recruiting a Sales Manager but feel that we also need to recruit a trainee that we can develop for longer term succession.
Our client base and their associated fields of operation is varied – the sales interface with these different markets requires a highly adaptable sales professional.
The successful candidate will undertake training throughout the organisation, with a view to being trained towards being a full-time sale professional – having a thorough understanding of the company, its culture and our products and services.
Ultimately, the Trainee Sales & Business Development Engineer will work as part of a small team dealing with day-to-day spares and service enquiries as well as a Proposals Engineer, who will work with them to prepare quotations and tender responses for capital equipment sales.
The role is predominantly based at our Rochdale office. Although longer term, the role will require travel within the UK as well as occasional international travel.
Ideally, the candidate should come from a mechanical or process engineering background. Some sales experience would be beneficial.
Annual salary will be negotiable depending upon experience, 20 days holiday plus stats (increasing by 1 day per year of service up to 25 days), pension (with salary sacrifice option), income protection insurance and life insurance.
Due to the sensitive nature of some of the naval projects that we are involved with, security clearance will need to be applied for – this may, unfortunately, exclude some potential candidates.
Long term role and responsibilities will include the following:
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person, and via telephone calls and e-mails;
- Developing an external communication strategy;
- Arranging meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business;
- Acting as a contact between the Company and its existing and potential markets;
- Assist with setting sales budgets/targets;
- Liaising with the Sales Manager.
- Achieve the given sales target consistently through the year;
- Assist in the preparation of accurate sales forecast;
- Work with the Sales Manager and Management Team to develop growth strategies and action plans to the extent of their sales responsibilities and markets, in-line with the Company capabilities and expectations;
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of the Company’s products and services;
- Keeping abreast of what competitors are doing;
- Identification of new business opportunities;
- Gather market and customer information and development of marketing strategies;
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale;
- Negotiating terms of an agreement and closing sales;
- Representing the organisation at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations;
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets;
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements;
- Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of quotations for equipment that the company supplies;
- Handling technical enquiries for customers;
- Ensuring Quality Assurance Systems are adhered to;
4½ Day Working Week
Finish at 13:00 on a Friday. This also means that to book a week off you only need to use 4½ days holiday.
Discretionary Annual Pay Rise
Pay rises will be calculated based on Company financial performance. Annual inflation is taken into account. Pay rises will be awarded in January.
Discretionary Annual Bonus Scheme
If eligible, the bonus payment will be made in December. Company profit and turnover must meet criteria below for bonus to be payable:
Overtime Paid at Time and a Half
Any hours worked over 37 hours per week will be paid at 1½ times.
30% Enhanced Rate when Working on Site
When working on site, you will receive an enhancement of +30% on all standard and overtime hours.
Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
The Company operates a salary sacrifice pension. There are NI savings made for yourself due to the salary sacrifice – these will be included in your pension contribution. The Company also makes an NI saving. As a gesture of goodwill, the Company also contributes its NI saving into your pension.
In the event of your death, a payment for 3 times your basic salary will be paid out to a nominated person of your choice.
Company Sick Pay
After 5 years’ service you will receive full Company sick pay. Until this time, you will receive SSP.
Sickness Income Protection
After 5 years’ service, the Company will contribute to a long-term sickness scheme on your behalf. This policy will kick-in after 6 months sick leave, and will ensure you are paid 75% of your basic salary until the sickness is resolved.
Working hours are 8:00 to 16:30 Monday to Thursday and 8:00 to 13:00 on a Friday. No shift work is required.
Up to 25 Days Paid Holiday (Plus 8 Statutory)
On starting with the Company, you will have 20 days paid holiday (plus 8 statutory). Each year of working for the Company, you will gain 1 extra day of paid holiday up to a maximum of 25 days (after 5 years’ service) (plus 8 days statutory).
Dress Down Friday
Every Friday, you can come into work in casual clothing – these must still be suitable for a work environment.
We have a summer social and a Christmas party each year – all paid for by the Company.
Team Building Days
There will be up to 2 team building days each year – all paid for by the Company. *These days do not include any alcohol.
Free, on-site parking is available.
Christmas Shut Down
Each year the Company closes for Christmas Eve and re-opens after New Year’s Day.
A benefits platform is available to all staff in which you sign up and have various benefits made available – such as discounts on shopping, lifestyle and travel, etc…
Cycle to Work Scheme
Cycle to work scheme is available to all employees to purchase a bike through a salary sacrifice method. This will be available at certain points throughout the year.
Free Tea & Coffee
Free tea, coffee and milk is provided every day.
Salt Separation Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower everyone. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.
In the first instance, interested candidates should e-mail their CV and relevant supporting information to email@example.com